Prince’s is part of Kent’s great triumvirate – along with Royal Cinque Ports (which is just a stone’s throw away) and Royal St George’s. At the beginning of the 19th century it was decided that new links golf course should be built right next to Royal St George’s, in Sandwich, to be open for juniors, ladies and men. The Earl of Guildford donated the land which was to be the platform for the golf course; Charles Hutchings (1902 Amateur Champion) and Percy Lucas were put in charge for designing the original 18-hole track, which opened for play in 1907. More >